Here at Yalbury Cottage we have been brainstorming ways to be more environmentally friendly. We think it is more important now than ever to protect our planet!
As a team we already do many things towards this ethos:
- Reduced ordering to save travel miles
- Lift shares to and from work
- Have our own greenhouse and garden to grow our herbs and garnishes
- Use many eco-friendly and biodegradable products such as straws, toilet rolls and stirrers
- Recyclable water bottles in our hotel rooms
- Buy from local, green suppliers
- Recycle food containers by using them for storage of yet more food!
- Always save power by turning off lights, ovens and machines whenever possible (at the mains plug/wall!)
- Have our own compost bins on site
As a team we pledge to:
- Reduce our plastic and packaging use by using even more eco-friendly products such as plastic-free piping bags and cling film
- Use biodegradable paper where we can, and reduce our printing amount
- Use refillable bottles and infills
- Have two vegetarian staff meals a week
- Over the winter we will use a clothes horse rather than our tumble drier to dry the washing
- Replace our radiators before the winter to be more energy efficient
We have decided to take responsibility and adopt a new way of living and working, and hope to influence you along the way as well!