BBQ Baked Beans
· 1kg Cannellini beans soaked overnight in salted water and drained,
· ½ kg of chopped bacon,
· 250g of chopped onions,
· 200ml of your favorite barbeque sauce,
· 3 table spoons of English mustard,
· 2 table spoons of maple syrup
· 1 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce,
· Tabasco sauce to your taste
· salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the beans in a large pot and cover with cold water, bring to a boil over medium heat.
Reduce heat and continue cooking for about one hour or until beans are tender. Fry the bacon until done. Pour off most of the bacon fat and then add the onions and cook until the onions are translucent.
Drain the beans and reserve the liquid.
Add together the beans, 1 cup of the reserved liquid, bacon, onions, barbeque sauce, mustard, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper in a large baking dish.
Cover and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, then stir and remain baking. Stir again in about 30 minutes. Then, continuing baking until your baked beans are at your desired consistency.